Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Weeks 8, Thing 19

Library Thing Catalog.
Library Thing is lots of fun and I can see the students getting excited about creating their own libraries. Not necessarily books they own but books they enjoy. However, the part that students will probably enjoy the most is the social aspect; watching what other people read and what they say about the books.
The discussion around The Education of Little Tree is interesting. The comments center on the authenticity of the story and how that makes a difference.


While I was at school today, I experimented with using the scanner to input a book. It worked and was amazing. I have no idea how it works but it does with very little effort on my part. Using the import books tool I scanned the publishers bar code,clicked grab and went off to do some work, came back, refreshed the page and it was in my catalog. Magic! This is not how I will normally add books to my catalog but is so wonderful the way it works.


I have enjoyed reading the discussion around Harry Potter as I am spending way too much time reading book 7 myself. It is good to see that I am not alone. I'll probably finish tomorrow.


Yes, I know, I have work to do.

No comments: